4130 Steel | Forte Metals
Strong, versatile, and reliable: Discover the power of 4130 steel
4130 steel gets the job done
Unleash the potential of your projects with 4130 steel
It’s excellent welding steel that can be welded using any commercial process and can be machined in its normalized/tempered state. 4130 steel round bar can be cold worked, hot worked and forged without difficulty, but it cannot be aged.
It is a through-hardening alloy with high ductility when annealed. 4130 steel bar is primarily used as structural steel and is most commonly seen as a round tube or bar stock in aircraft and construction structures. The best quality 4130 round bar is from by Forte Precision Metals.
QUALITY 4130 STEEL
4130 alloy is a robust metal useful in manufacturing, welding, cutting, and other high-stress industrial applications. 4130 steel round bar excellent heat treatment qualities provide a high level of toughness. When paired with its excellent workability and machinability, makes it a versatile material. 4130 round bar has lots of common applications which is why 4130 steel bar stock is in demand.
If you are one that requires this alloy steel material, Forte Precision Metals guarantees that you will receive the best 4130 Alloy bar stocks and 4130 Alloy round bar stocks that meet your requirements.
4130 Steel Round Bar Common Uses
- vehicle parts
- Drill bits
- Rock crushing machinery
- Resistance welding products
4130 Alloy Properties
Modulus of Elasticity
Ultimate Tensile Strength
Tensile Yield Strength
Rockwell B Hardness
Elongation at Break
4130 Steel Chemical Elements
97.03 – 98.22
0.80 – 1.10
0.40 – 0.60
0.280 – 0.330
0.15 – 0.30
0.15 – 0.25
4130 Round Bar Applications
4130 round bar is a type of round steel bar with a diameter of 3/8 inch and an outside diameter of 1.25 inches. It is useful in the construction and manufacturing industries. The benefits are primarily in its corrosion resistance, heat resistance, and strength. It can withstand high temperatures up to 1200 degrees Fahrenheit without losing strength or shape.
This steel bar is a type of steel bar that is helpful for structural and mechanical purposes. It is made from a high-strength alloy that contains chromium, nickel, molybdenum, and vanadium. Generally, the 4130 round bar has better corrosion resistance than other types of steel bars.
It can be easily cut with a hacksaw or metal saw and will not deform when subjected to high pressures. It also has good ductility, low memory impact, and good fatigue.
At the same time, it is helpful for structural purposes. It is general-purpose structural steel useful in many applications such as machine frames and automobile bodies.
Here are some of the 4130 Round Bar Applications:
- Machine Frames
- Automobile Bodies
- Structural Steel Parts
4130 Round Stock Advantages
As it is known, the 4130 round bar is a type of steel bar that is commonly used in construction and also in the automotive industry. It is a popular choice for its high strength and corrosion resistance.
Here are its advantages:
- The production cost is lower than that of other steel bars due to less machining required for the production process.
- The workability of the 4130 round bar is good, and can be forged, welded, or hot-rolled
- This round steel bar has excellent corrosion resistance. 4130 round stock has excellent corrosion resistance, making it ideal for use in harsh environments where other materials may corrode or rust.
- 4130 round bar can be produced in both hot rolled and cold rolled shapes.
- It has good mechanical properties.
- It has an excellent formability
- Wide range of applications: 4130 round stock can be used to produce bridges, car frames, and aircraft parts with various load capacities.
- High strength: 4130 round bar stock can be used to produce a wide range of products with various load capacities, including bridges, car frames, and aircraft parts.
Forte Precision Metals is here for you if you need an efficient alloy steel round bar supplier and a centerless ground bar supplier who provides you with quality alloy bar stocks! We work closely with our clients to ensure that their precision ground bars are delivered to the correct specifications.
Get quality round bar stocks now! Call us or request a quote!
Request A Quote
9234 Parklane Ave. Franklin Park, IL 60131